It's taken a while but the van kit I bought from Amdro
is now built and installed! I'm really happy with the results.
The kit from Amdro is really well made and is fairly easy to prepare and install.
Each part of the kit is available separately and comes as a flat-pack. The key part of the build is the floor it. It has pre-drilled holes in place ready for the furniture to be screwed into, so there is no guess work or need to drill yourself. Each piece of furniture (the bench, table, seat, cooker unit, sink unit) is screwed in separately. Its very easy to install and you can take everything out of the van in less than 10 minutes.
The plus points for this kit are:
- Modular - easy to install and take out. A lot of the conversions I looked at are fixed in the back.
- It sits 4 around a table - the van will be used primarily as a day van, so being able to sit down and eat in it (with my 2 year old) was a must.
- Loads of storage - plenty of places to stuff wetsuits, duvets etc. You can also use the full length of the van floor as the front of the storage bench lifts up. I think you can get an 8ft surfboard inside.
- The rear seat sits 3 with seat-belts. The seat-belts are fixed to the chassis not the seat itself. (I looked into 'rock n roll' beds, there is no legislation for their safety and they take up loads of room), meaning there is no...
- Boot space! - You can easily fit 2 bikes in the boot (with front wheels off)
- It's made in Wales with sustainable birch plywood.
- Iwan, the guy in charge at Amdro is really helpful and supportive.
Click on image to view a larger version.